Many effective internet marketing strategies can help you grow your business. This article will look at one of the most important, video marketing. We will analyze the most common marketing videos and the best ways to prepare a video marketing strategy.
After examining the video production stages, we will refer to the most helpful marketing tips and techniques. Thus, by the end of this article, you will know everything you should before creating a successful video marketing campaign.
What Is Video Marketing and Why Is It Important for Your Business?
Video content is critical to the success of business marketing strategies these days. Whether you own a startup or a large corporation, your brand needs a purpose-built video marketing strategy. In fact, according to a study by Hubspot, video content is the preferred type of content for customers.
In a few words, video marketing is a form of digital marketing where you use videos of any kind to promote your product or service. When organized properly, video marketing is efficient in increasing engagement with your audience. Likewise, it is a fantastic strategy to inform and reach your audience on your digital and social media channels.
Since 2017, video has gradually risen to the top of digital marketing strategies for good reasons. To be precise, research by Markinblog shows that videos are the most efficient marketing strategy when it comes to ROI (Return On Investment). Moreover, since most internet users prefer videos over texts for educational and purchasing purposes, video marketing is one of the best ways to generate leads and increase your conversion rates.
The 10 Most Common Types of Marketing Videos
Before you start developing your video marketing strategy, it would be best to identify the best type(s) of video for your business. The most effective marketing videos are:
- Brand awareness videos: These videos aim to inform your target audience about your brand and establish its identity.
- Interviews: Hosting expert interviews is a smart way to build authority and attract more clients.
- How-to videos: Although this doesn’t apply to all industries, how-to videos are one of the best ways to educate your audience.
- Animations: Animation videos became more and more popular every day, as strong visuals are an amazing way to interact with a target audience.
- Event videos: If your company hosts events, covering those with videos (interviews, live videos, presentations) is a smart thing to do.
- Customer reviews: This type of video is a smart solution if you want to build your trust and authority.
- Like videos: Users tend to interact more with live streaming videos. Thus, this is a brilliant choice to boost interactivity.
- Product/service videos: This is one of the most common marketing video types where you create an advertising campaign and showcase how your products/services work.
- Explainer videos: After creating a product/service video, you can promote it via an explainer video. This type of videos will help your clients understand why they need your product/services.
- Personalized videos: This is one of the most innovative ways to interact with your target audience. Personalized videos are used as direct messages/discussions with clients via text or email.
How to Prepare a Video Marketing Strategy?
All professional marketers believe that the first thing to do when creating a video marketing strategy is to understand your target audience. In fact, defining a specific target audience is crucial to achieving your ultimate goals (generating leads, increasing conversion rates).
Then you need to set a specific budget that makes sense. Committing an enormous amount of money does not automatically lead to success. Therefore, try to be careful with the money you spend. Another thing you should look out for is having a consistent branding strategy. This means that your video marketing strategy should contain a clear message, be creative, full of valuable content, and relevant to your brand.
If you use these three preparation tips, all you have to do is actually create the videos and start testing. Let’s dive deeper into the simple steps of the production process.
The Main Stages of Video Production
Although video marketing can be highly effective, it requires planning and consistency. The indispensable steps of video production are:
- Planning and writing the script: Planning your shots, written text, and voice-over is crucial for a successful video. During this step, you should decide if you want to hire professionals that will write the script for you. Most businesses trust well-known platforms like People First Content to save time from the writing process.
- Set up your studio and shoot: Although many people think this is the most time-consuming step, it isn’t. As long as you have prepared the shots correctly, the editing process will probably take more time.
- Organize your shots and edit your video: If you organize your shots correctly, you will save valuable time from editing. While editing, many companies choose to either hire a professional video editor or learn how to use online video editors like Fastreel and Vimeo. With such tools, you can easily manipulate your shots, add music and voice-over.
Useful Video Marketing Tips
It becomes evident that, even though there are other strategies to help you grow your business, video marketing is a brilliant solution. For your marketing strategy to be successful, you can use some exciting ideas and tips that apply under all circumstances.
First of all, you should always make sure that your marketing videos resonate with your audience’s problems. This is the number one step to build trust with them. Apart from that, keep in mind that your goal is also to promote your products/ services. Likewise, your videos should include a call to action and exist in multiple digital channels (your website, blog, social networks, etc.).
Also, make sure that your videos are SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly, as this is crucial for increasing traffic. Finally, you should know that short videos are usually more efficient (retain viewer’s attention) than long ones (tend to get boring).
This article analyzed that videos are one of the most popular marketing strategies because they increase conversion rates and interactivity with the audience. However, creating successful marketing videos is not easy. For this reason, we have analyzed how you can prepare and produce efficient marketing videos. At the end of this article, we have explored how parameters such as call-to-action, SEO-friendliness, and valuable content are crucial if you want your video marketing strategy to succeed.
About the Author
Victoria Greywing is a content manager at Movavi. She specializes in writing user-friendly content and researching complex topics of marketing, social media and blogging to make them easy to understand for other people.